Isn't this a great pic? I couldn't resist posting it... lol. This is my family in Morelia... they dress like this all the time, of course...!So, I don't know if it's the Mexican salsa, or what's going on, but I have been having really weird dreams every night. Let me give you a brief rundown (we all realize "brief" is a relative term, right??? lol)...
Last night... I dreamed that my friends Majkin, Cody, Tyler, and I were joined by two other individuals (I have no idea who they were... they were tall, though... lol) in scheming to rob a bank. Not any bank... the First State Bank, which is where my mom works in Kiowa (by the way, she knew about this and supported it...!). For some reason we were sleeping on the roof of the bank, and managed to get down into the main area through a huge opening. Rather than robbing the bank immediately, we all bedded down for the night to make sure that no one else was going to rob the bank. I awoke (still in my dream) to realize that a shadowy figure (of course it was shadowy... it's a dream) was crawling through the hole in the ceiling. I jumped up, grabbed the person by the foot, and we both fell through the floor into a living room where a family of notorious bank robbers lived. At this point Cody, Majkin, Tyler, and the other two would-be robbers jumped through the floor (now-turned-ceiling) to help me, and Cody tried to give a "short" explanation of why we were there, which turned into a two-hour monologue... and then I realized that the girl robber was actually Diana Krall (a jazz vocalist) and I joined their band of robbers instead...
The night before... I dreamed I was flying home, stopping briefly in OKC with my family, and then headed back to Morelia for six more weeks of language training. I had a layover at the airport, and my family and I went to a partiotic celebration (which was flying Mexican flags all over the place - let me mention here that September is the month for celebrating Mexican independence and there are decorations galor everywhere here...). We ended up staying for awhile and on the way back to the airport we realized that I had missed my flight completely. We went to the information desk, and Mom left to call Junior Domnick (my bus-driver when I was in grade school) because he flew commercial flights out of Houston, Texas directly to Morelia and he could get me on another flight. Dad started crying because he had made me miss my flight, the guys at the info desk told me, "If you see a guy in a yellow pantsuit on a passport, tell him this..." (they gestured to a huge horse standing behind them - a live one, I might add - and pulled a huge feedbag up over its head), and then I turned around to see that very man walking away quickly carrying a wrinkled tie. My flight left at precisely 3:10 a.m., and I sat in the same spot for four hours to make sure I didn't miss it...
Sunday night... I dreamed that I was getting ready to travel from home (in Hazelton), and that my flight left Wichita at 11:47 p.m. For some reason, I couldn't get ready at home and had to go into Grandma Mildred's house in Kiowa to change. Dad was working on bills at the kitchen table and told me he would come pick me up at Grandma's at 9:30 p.m. so we could make it in time for my flight. At 10:47 p.m. (notice how exact these times are... lol) I called Dad to find out that he had forgotten. But I realized that I had forgotten some things at home... so as I drove home Dad tried to get my other clothes around. When I went upstairs to my bedroom, I saw that Dad had knocked over Tifani's fan (why it was Tifani's fan I have no idea...) and caught some of my clothes on fire that were hanging on the racks that we used to have on the east side of my bedroom. We knew we couldn't make it on time and so we then looked up Continental Airlines' customer service... and discovered that my flight had really left at 6:30 p.m. and that it was now 9:43 p.m. (don't ask... I apparently went back in time a little bit)...
What do you think? Any dream analysts out there? Maybe I should leave off the homemade guacamole next time...
5 comments:
It must be the mushrooms!
or maybe just the person...you are kinda weird! :) I'll let you know if I have any weird dreams!
ummmm... right... the mushrooms? i think we all know exactly where we get our "weirdness" from... lol
steph, first, thanks for a good laugh. i can't believe you dreamed all these things AND remember them! and i'm not quite sure about the salsa theory. i ate tons of salsa and didn't have weird dreams, pero tal vez no los recorde. quien sabe?
steph, I believe dad's comment flew right over you head. Research project: you need to find out what the comment means!
Post a Comment