Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Graduacion del Kinder

Last Friday night was Aaron and Julissa's graduation... from Kindergarten... ;) Maybe that's really common now (in the States), but I certainly did not have a graduation this formal... and I think I'm thankful for that... lol. It was actually a fun night, and though I wasn't thankful at the time for the oppressive heat and long-winded thank you speeches (written by the teachers, for the teachers... how convenient is that?)... I now have some great pictures to show!
Above, Aaron and Julissa pose at the orphanage before heading to the ceremony...

On the way to the graduation: Aaron always gets kind of funny at these points... almost as though he's too macho to be bothered with this silly stuff... that makes me smile... ;)

Aaron's graduating class: He is definitely one of the smaller kids... but that doesn't seem to stop him from being a "tough guy." His best friend is the little kid with the seventies hair the next row back and to the left... apparently they defend one another from the class bully. :)



Grandpa Bill came to the graduation... here he is with Aaron (at left) and with Hilda's little girl - Alexa. I think it's important that these kidlets get a sense that they're in a very loving family, and so I'm glad Bill was able to make it...
Fortunately, part of Julissa's family was also able to come - Jose, Zulema, Hilda, and Alexa. I was thankful for their presence, as well... :)
Aaron receives his graduation diploma... and it looks pretty authentic! As Jenna said that night, we got lots of certificates in school for different things, but they never looked this formal... lol. Aaron and Julissa both shook the director's hand, some of the teachers, and other important personnel from the board of directors.

Jenna and Julissa pose after the graduation. I know I'm biased, but I think Julissa was one of the prettiest little girls there...

The graduation party... (l-r in a circle) Me, Hilda, Jenna, Julissa, Zulema, Alexa, and Aaron.

The after-graduation party! Jose, Jenna, Julissa, Aaron, and I went to Momo's for some celebratory carne asada. Above, Jose and Julissa... I caught Jose right in the middle of a laugh, and I think this is one of the biggest grins I've ever seen on his face... lol.

The "mothers." Jenna and I at Momo's... right as I wrote that, I had such a weird moment... we're in the position of mothers? Sometimes I just have to wonder about God's plan... but I'm thankful He knows the road we're on... I would definitely be lost by now if I were on my own... ;)

Jenna and Jose outside by the playground at Momo's...

And... the Adorable Award goes to this guy... ;)

How can you not fall in love with a little face like that?!?

2 comments:

Jim said...

Today Aaron came by the water cooler to pick up his glass at lunch.. there was a smaller one and one of the big ones there; he pulled them side by side, looked them over, and grabbed the big one..

the best part was the 'I can definitely handle this' tough-guy look on his face and the little swagger as he walked away..

lol

Anonymous said...

It's good to see the grin on Jose's face. Dile que le quiero mucho - y que el amar es "macho".

Chimp y Baloo mandan saludos a Aron. Tambien fueron a una graduacion, pero lo contare despues...