Tuesday, January 13, 2009

There's A Little Girl Named Nere...

... who is super-cute! :)
(On a sidenote, it's interesting that my Spanish and English vocabularies have started adding "super" in front of a lot of words... did I get that from someone? Are my chameleon language-skills acting up again?!?)
Nere turned 7 last Thursday, and we celebrated by -- what else? -- smashing her face in a cake! She specifically asked for the Disney princesses, so we made an attempt at Belle -- who somehow managed to look seriously annoyed sitting atop a mound of frosting... lol. Maybe because she wasn't accompanied by her "Bestia"??? ;)
Ah, well... asi es la vida!
Right after the smash...
Joan cut out the heart in the corner for the smashing bit, which -- fortunately -- had bright, red food coloring to stain all surface area of the skin a lovely, deep pink...
... which you can see a little bit better in this photo.
Her eyelashes are so thick, that it was like two curtains of frosting after the face-plant... :)

Nere also received a ton of gifts from the other kids in the house, and some of the older girls... which was really cute.

She and Julissa played with the plastic hairdryer, hairties, curl-pins (what are these called? rollers or something?), and "pretend" make-up for a solid hour and a half in the bathroom the next day... ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure that isn't Belle Bahr? She looks like she could be your sister or maybe YOU!
Super cute!
Love, Mom Schick

Anonymous said...

Ah, shucks, Joan!
But wait... are you saying that I generally look annoyed?!?
And here I thought it was a compliment... ;)

Jon y Amy said...

esteph,

your belle is muy bella. How cute, I am sure she loved it, she looks so happy!

love,
amy

Kendra said...

Steph,

I think you did a great job on the cake; it looked amazing! And, hearing that Julissa y Nere played dress up for an hour and a half was too cute!! I was glad that I was able to come visit for a few days a couple weeks ago. It was good to see everyone again.

Much love and prayers,
Kendra <><