So... we went to the beach. And we're back. I got stung on the foot by a sting ray. It's okay, though. We swam. We played. We got burnt. We watched Mary Poppins. We ate some seafood. We took a monton of pictures. We praised God, and gloried in all He has made!
And... I'm really tired... lol.
However, it was a really good time, and I am so thankful we were able to go. Below is a [brief] [for me] account of our time in Bahia de Kino during the kids' Spring Break...
Katie Schick went with us, and was a HUGE, huge help... I know both Jenna and I were grateful for not only the extra set of eyes to watch eleven kids on the beach, but also for getting to spend a little extra time with this amazing muchacha... :)
Who teaches her these things???
As there wasn't anywhere near enough seating for all of us, the kids ended up eating most of the meals on the floor, or outside on the porch... which worked just fine. :)
Wherever our "stuff" was, it was quite colorful... lol. Rounding things up at the end of every swim-time was something quite interesting... and even though a few things went missing [cough... Katie's miraculously lost-beneath-the-sand-and-then-recovered-the-next-day flip-flops], for the most part it went well... ;)
They were so ready to go out into the deep, deep water [that was 3 inches deep] with their inflatable boat that had no bottom... ;)
(Or one of the cutest... I know I'm biased.)
Top left: Ramses got his arms stuck in this little inner-tube... :)
Top right: Ponch hamming it up... and looking like a blinged-up reindeer. ;)
Bottom left: Super-Mario!!! With lots of snot... lol.
Bottom right: If he doesn't win you with anything else, Jose will capture you with this beautiful little smile... :)
Diego in the water -- always colorful with his protective goggles to see through beach air, and his fuzz-top [specialty-cut by Steph which includes NOT cutting hair until the kids head back to school! We're having a contest to see whose hair grows the longest... lol]
Maybe not of ALL time, but this was certainly a highlight! He found the skeleton of a -- well, I don't know what it was, actually... sorry -- and it still had the eyeball [petrified, of course]... gross.
Cool -- but still kind of gross.
Jenna and I had the opportunity to have an early-morning prayer time on the beach, and lots of time to write in the sand... ;)
So... once again I am so thankful for God's provision in our lives. And for the memories that we will have from this trip. It does seem like a lot of work, but looking back at the pictures... it's a lot of fun, too!
And Mom -- it gives me a whole new appreciation of what you did every single time we packed to go to TableRock! ;)
I have some pretty great videos from the trip, too, and I will try to post those sometime soon. [Yes... "soon" is always, always a relative term in my world... lol.]
Thanks so much everyone for your continuing prayers... :)
3 comments:
Thanks for the blessing you & Jenna are to these kids, especially our big girl, Katie!!!
You both or make that 3 of you receive the BIG V award!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Mom & Dad Schick
Esteph,
Ay...la playa...
I am glad you had a good time! The pics are beautiful. :)
love,
amy
keep up the great work chica. we'll have to do coffee soon.
Post a Comment