Okay, okay... I was pretty content as well... :)
It was a nice week [after the strange, but obviously providential delay in him actually getting here!] and just tonight Candi told me, "Steph... I'm crying because Papa isn't here." Besides the fact that she was justifying her whiny attitude, I think it rings true across the board... they really enjoy having a big, overall-wearin', whisker-toutin', bear-hug-givin', man around the house! :)
Did I say eat? Or play around...? :)
Pictured above... Candi getting her nose and face smashed!
It was a lot of fun, and pictured above are the two winners: 1st place was Emily with a chili-cheese-cream-cheese-bean dip, and 2nd went to Duane with his tweaking of an "Our Favorite Recipe"... good times. :)
Thanks, Dad, for coming... the kids and I enjoyed having you; and there's nothing quite like looking out the window and watching four kidlets grasping the hand of and trailing behind Grandpa. Very precious memories for me... and for them, too!
Thanks for the prayers through the Christmas season and all the well-wishes. Monday we start back to school and back to a set routine... and I think we're ready! [At least THIS mother is!] Please pray for the hearts and the salvation of these children... that they can truly recognize what the most important things in life revolve around... HIM!
4 comments:
"Jedi"... just in case you really wanted to know... and the 9-year-old Ryan would probably have disagreed with papa Bahr quite adamantly about the value of piracy over being a guardian of entire galaxies... not to mention the fact that pirates can't use mind control.
I LOVE the picture of diego in dad's socks!!!
...and slate is laying beside me and barking in his sleep..weird.
I wish I was as cool as Diego in those socks. Garret sure had a sad look on his face. :) Dad
To be as cool as Diego in those socks, it requires wearing super-short shorts... and you're not allowed, Dad. ;)
And Ryan... do pirates really need mind control when they can just make them walk the plank??? :)
Post a Comment