Tuesday, January 14, 2014

All Kinds of Happenings...

THE GASLIGHT THEATRE
Totally taking advantage of Grandpa and Grandma being around, Joel and I headed up to Tucson for a night out!
 We went to The Gaslight Theatre, a fun little family-and-education-oriented theatre company and saw...
 "Buccaneers of the Caribbean: Don't Touch Me Booty!" :)))))))
It was well worth it!!!
 hehe...
 Enjoying the atmosphere... and our free popcorn!!!
 This was looking toward the stage and to the right was the pit orchestra (a piano, keyboard, guitar and drums) where we got to listen to...
 ... this amazing woman!  
I don't think I have ever, EVER seen anyone play the piano like her!!  She was incredible and I'm glad we were on her side of the theatre... :)

As with all good things, though, our time came to an end!!!  
So we headed home...
 ... and had "help" from these two while putting the groceries away.  :)

NOCHE DE CHILI y PAY 2014
That time of year again!!!
We really look forward to putting this night together and this year was no different!
 Getting Joel's chili ready for the big night... :)
The secret ingredient (that's not so secret, but a fave in our household now?):  smoked paprika!!!
 Our wonderful judges:
Geo, Mama Rink & Kristi for pie and...
Todd, Daniela and Joe for chili!!!
(this is a very, very difficult job... just ask any of them! ;)
 Pie contestants:  Yours Truly, Belinda, Raquel, Carissa, Angel, Zach and Cassidy
Our pie took home the prize this year!!!
(Double Decker Pumpkin Caramel Pie, in case you're interested... thank you Bluffton cook-book! :)
 Chili contestants:  Joel, Katie, Joan, Ann, Isabel, Duane, Juantan, Denver, Jodi, Pau & Geo
Duane's chili won the Grand Prize and Juantan's took home People's Choice!

A RELAXING SATURDAY... WITH FRIENDS!
 Saturday morning:  teaching Eric how to play chess... :)
 Saturday night:  watching the Lobitos and decorating pumpkin sugar-cookies!
These are Grandma Barb's "sand cookies" that she made every Halloween that I remember and they are just as much a hit in our family as they were when I was a kid!!!
 Ithan was a HUGE fan... :)
 Axel really likes candy corn...!
 Marcos, we've got to work on this smile thing... ;)
 How can you not smile with a cookie like this?!?
 "No stealing my cookie-decorating techniques!!!"
(he seemed to say)
 "Just making sure she finished it all, Mom... and that no crumbs happened to fall into my open and waiting mouth."
(he seemed to say)
 The older kids watched a movie while Tory, Ithan and I played in Candi's room.  Tory was super-content just playing with Candi's purses... and Ithan, well.  He made about 20 trips in and out to try on different hats and model them for her... :)
 Such a girl!!!
And a cutie at that... :)
 Perhaps my favorite hat style of the evening!
A photo with Grandpa and Grandma the night before they left!!!

Happy Tuesday everyone... :)

2 comments:

sarah.flyingkites said...

SUCH fun happenings!

Unknown said...

It's getting close! Can we make the pumpkin cookies when I am down there???