Thursday, June 25, 2009

Demasiado Rapido, But Still Good

After Majkin & Cody's wedding I was able to go home for a couple days and see the family; this was good, and yet super-hard. I'm certainly thankful for the time back, but staying for a couple days and then leaving before I had a chance to really catch up with everyone was more difficult than I had anticipated...
I think I shall re-think that in the future! :)
In a way, I find it amusing that almost all my blogs from the times I am at home begin with a skyline view, or cloud formations, or something along those lines... :)
I guess it's not that surprising, since the skies that stretch so wide are -- and have always been -- something that I love to watch, and Kansas with its flat planes lends itself quite nicely to such sky-watching...! While I was home it rained several times -- praise the Lord! -- and so I was able to enjoy the storm-cloud buildups and the green, green grass.
This shot was from Sunday afternoon/evening when Dad, Mom, Tif, Chel and I all sat outside...
... in our lawn-chairs, what else??? And watched the storm roll in while wearing swim goggles... :)
There's this joke I heard once (Chel could tell it better) about how you know you're from Kansas [or insert "hick" state of your choice] when... you hear that there's a tornado in the area, and you're all outside looking for it.
That's us. :)
We were eating supper and Tif was pretending to chop the imaginary heads off people on her plate (I don't know that for sure... I just made it up) when... she skewered a fly with her knife blade... lol.
That takes talent, my friends. Or fat, lazy flies, perhaps.
She then tried to take five million pictures of it [*exaggeration warning*], and this was what Chel and I were doing in the background the whole time...
:)
There are now two new family members -- granddogs to be precise. They are Slate (little, black, wiggly, tenacious one) and Diesel (big, gold, wiggly, mischievous one).
Much like watching children, we all sat outside and watched the "cousins" play on the lawn... lol.
Tif & Slate -- he hides under things when she scolds him.
I would, too. :)
Chel & Diesel -- could you take your "mistress" seriously if she looked like this?!?
Me either... :)
Dad's in the process of building a shed, and so Mom and I were able to help sweep out the dirt and mud tracks that had accumulated on the floor -- and I am a pansy.
I still have sores that are healing from the blisters I got on my hands... lol.

And -- as if we needed proof -- here it is, in photo form, that caring for six kids has definitely given me white hairs.

Or genetics... one of the two. :)

1 comment:

Chelsie said...

thanks steph. :) Those are some great shots.