Tuesday, September 28, 2010

An Aside: Museum of the Kid in Hermosillo


In April, we had the opportunity to go to Hermosillo and visit the children's science museum there, which has a very hands-on display of many, many scientific principles. It was really an awesome field trip for the kids! (And the adults... :)

We got to the museum/park a little early, so we all played on the playground equipment... and I do mean ALL! Check out Jenna on the slide (pictured above)...
It takes skill to do this. Aun more skill when you're wearing a skirt... ;)

Kids playing with bubbles... does this ever get old???

I remember my Grandpa Rudy teaching us how to blow huge soap bubbles in the dishwashing water... this would have been bubble paradise! :)

And other than occasionally splashing one another, all the kids did pretty well at getting their bubbles to come forth!

Diego and Marcos complete the large foam puzzle with a map of Mexico and all her states.

There was a telephone-operation station through which the kids could experiment with different calls to different countries, in-country, etc. Candi, Jose, and Aaron hung out here a lot...

... as well as in Wal-Mart! The museum had a miniature Wal-Mart (no adults allowed, funny enough) with shopping carts, products, and a cashier where you could "check out" with the money they gave you when you entered. This was definitely a favorite with the kids!

And I hope you'll notice what Marcos is buying (above) -- coffee for Steph!!!
What a nice, obedient, loving child... he knows what side his bread is buttered on! ;)

Other than Wal-Mart, this was Candi's second favorite... and I don't even know what to call it!
The needle-push-thingy-majig-game... but HUGE. :)

This is her modeling her face that she pressed into it on the other side a minute before. It did make me wonder how often it gets cleaned... ;)

I love this picture of Jenna and Gloria! Tights, sitting position, and water... gemelas, indeed.
Monkey-see, monkey-do? :)

With our tickets, we got a "free" train ride around the park, which the kids seemed to enjoy. Above, the back of the train (Alexia, Jazany, Julissa, and Nere). I think Jose and Ramses were back there somewhere, too, but you can't see them in this photo...

Train Ride photo #2 -- Jodi, Jenna, and Gloria


And... the middle section of the train!
Me, Candi, Marcos, Aaron, and Diego

After we finished at the museum we headed to Peter Piper's Pizza for some lunch (Candi and Gloria pictured above), and then on to the necessary stops... like... Costco! :)

The kids (of course) crashed on the way back home. It was really a blessed time, and I'm so thankful we are able to do trips like this once-in-a-while!

We are officially in our sixth week of school... please keep praying for the kids' work ethic in their classes, and for patience and fortitude for the teachers! There seem to be some changes on the way as well, so please keep all staff in your prayers as we wait on God's leading and His timing... thanks!

1 comment:

Chelsie said...

hehe... I want to go to a mini-shopping mart and they give me money to buys stuff! maybe sometime when I'm down there... i think i would pass for a child. lol :)