Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Recap #3 - February 2010

So... February. The month of Valentine's Day (which has almost totally lost it's non-commercial meaning). I enjoyed reading the kids the true story of St. Valentinus from a Voice of the Martyrs kid book... ;)
However, two things redeemed Valentine's Day this year: the best-looking male servers I've had in a long time (pictured above: Aaron, Jose, Marcos, then Diego) for a February 14 dinner fixed by the CVE gentlemen, and... what else?... DECORATING SUGAR COOKIES!
The plates of finished product! Post-cleanup...
Decorating the sugary goodness. Pre-cleanup... :)

Candi also turned 4 years old... unbelievable! She got here when she was just 13 months -- poorly nutritioned, couldn't walk, and her hair didn't grow for six months. We took her to the doctor when she'd been here for a couple months and he said one of her legs was longer than the other and she'd have to wear corrective footwear -- the next visit, they were equal! The power of prayer... praise God!


Candi and Juan-tan share a birthday, and so this year he got a camo-colored Dora the Explorer... :)

Also -- I lost a roommate! But for a good reason... ;)
Bere and Juan-tan got married this past May, and this was after they were "officially" engaged... she got to shove his face in the birthday cake... :)
I also went home end-of-January/beginning-of-February... and it snowed! I hadn't seen snow for... well, a really long time. :)
My kids really like this photo... they were fascinated that you would actually eat snow! I told them we used to pour soda over the snow and eat it... so they wondered if I could just bring some for them to try!
And... Candi got her first haircut... ever.
My plan was for Tif to do this while she was down in January, but time got away from me... oops. Anyway, it wasn't too bad. Not too great, either, but... she's four, right? ;)
Please pray for continued patience and perseverance for kids, caretakers, and teachers as we continue in the third week of the school year. Also, please pray for traveling safeties and health of our workers since many are gone, and several have been "hit" with various ailments. Thanks!

2 comments:

Jon y Amy said...

Fun! Fun!

They all need some squeezes!
Love,
amy

Chelsie said...

:) keep 'em coming!